AllianceBernstein (AB) is a global investment-management firm providing industry-leading research and investment solutions through a combination of innovation, intellectual curiosity and relentless ingenuity. We offer high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional and individual investors worldwide. Our clients include some of the world's top institutions as well as private-wealth clients and retail investors. Through close partnerships with our clients, we collaborate on investment strategies across regions and sectors to inspire innovative thinking and deliver superior outcomes.
We invest in our people and in the communities in which we operate, and we celebrate our diversity to showcase what makes us unique. We offer our talent the opportunity to grow professionally while working on cutting-edge ideas and outcomes in a global culture that operates as a tight-knit community.
If you're ready to innovate and grow your career, join us.
OPS Group Description:
Partner Distribution Services is a global business unit specializing in the support of AB Sales, Product and the back offices of our retail, retirement and insurance Intermediaries.
AllianceBernstein is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.
We are seeking a San Antonio-based Back Office Operations Associate to join our Partner Distribution Services Department.
The person in this role will perform various operational tasks and respond to inquiries from intermediary back offices, ABI Sales and other internal groups. They will have the opportunity to develop relationships with intermediary back offices. The best candidates for this position must be highly organized, possess outstanding customer service and problem-solving skills.
The Back Office Operations Associate will be responsible for performing critical functions and providing support to maintain effective processes and communication with our intermediaries and internal teams within ABIS and ABI. This person will be trained to use the various applications that we use to support our business.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Respond to requests and inquiries from Intermediary back offices, AB Product, ABI Sales and ABIS Operations
• Become familiar with industry issues/trends affecting operations between intermediaries and AB
• Support mutual fund back office trading processes
• Coordinate the processing of trades, corrections and other account activities
• Perform tasks supporting Intermediary onboarding and termination
• Maintain AB fund data housed in our industry utility (DTCC MFPII)
• Perform functions supporting AB Intermediary Oversight
• Update procedure documentation and support cross training of co-workers
• Support monthly management and productivity reporting
• Perform additional responsibilities as needed based on department requirements
The ideal candidate should have the following:
Qualifications, Experience, and Education:
• A Business or Finance degree will be helpful for this role, but not required
• Experience in a fast-paced environment in a supporting role for a vendor, client, or firm
• Previous mutual fund operations experience is a plus, but not required
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Outstanding time management and organizational skills with a proven ability to work independently and meet deliverables
• Strong attention to detail
• Client focused
• Ability to problem solve
• Proficient in the use of Office desktop packages such as Outlook, Word, Excel (Access experience is a plus, but not required)
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change
• Ability to collaborate in a team setting
• Candidate must be customer-focused and extremely flexible
• Ability to further develop skills through training and as provided through coaching and feedback
• Willing to learn new applications as needed, based on job requirements and changes that may take place
• A strong level of knowledge regarding mutual fund operations is a plus, but not required as we will train the right candidate
Location: San Antonio, Texas USA