OPS Group Description:
The Derivative Operations Department is responsible for the operational support front to back for OTC derivative instruments used across each of the Strategic Business Units globally. The group will perform middle office, valuation, collateral management, confirmation, reconciliation and settlement of this complex asset class in a team based fast paced atmosphere with opportunities to work closely with others throughout the group.
AB is a leading global investment management firm that offers high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional clients, individuals and private clients in major markets around the world. AB employs more than 500 investment professionals with expertise in growth equities, value equities, fixed income securities, blend strategies, and alternative investments, and, through its subsidiaries and joint ventures, operates in more than 20 countries. AB’s research disciplines include fundamental research, quantitative research, economic research and currency forecasting capabilities. Through its integrated global platform, AB is well-positioned to tailor investment solutions for its clients. AB also offers independent research, portfolio strategy and brokerage-related services to institutional investors.
OPS Job Description:
We are seeking a Nashville-based Derivative Middle Office Analyst to join our Middle Office Team in the Derivative Operations.
The Derivatives Middle Office is primarily responsible for the trade management and controls of both standard and complex OTC Derivative activity across Rates, Credit, Equity and FX. A middle office analyst is responsible for the strict control of trades and for liaising with both internal and external contacts, escalating to management where appropriate. Middle office works independently from the Front Office and is key to the control of the business, ensuring the highest level of quality is achieved at all times. The middle office analyst has a unique opportunity to work closely with portfolio management, sales and trading to influence the client outcome by focusing on new clients, new product launches, and contribute to infrastructure support. The candidate will work closely with senior management across Trading, Sales, Technology, Operations, Audit and Compliance. In this role one should be familiar with various OTC derivative products, proficient with PC skills and be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage trade capture of all products, including but not limited to, derivatives across equities, credit, rates, and FX
• Assist the Portfolio Managers in monitoring the risk platform and troubleshoot any issues
• Monitor affirmation platforms and ensure all risk / booking is correct
• Work closely with counterparts across operations to ensure trades are allocated and settled
• Manage affirmation of trades on matching platforms
• Lead process improvements, including: evaluating existing processes; recognizing inefficiencies or gaps; and, helping to implement new processes and develop documentation
• Monitor control functions, including reconciliations, breaks, and EOD checks
Job Qualifications (The ideal candidate should have the following):
The ideal candidate should have a degree in finance, economics or another relevant discipline. Prior experience supporting the middle office is preferred but not required. Experience with Calypso, IHS Markit, ICELink or Bloomberg are a plus.
Qualifications, Experience, Education:
• Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
• Proven Team orientation skills
• General understanding of Risk & PnL
• Strong control focus - ability to understand and highlight operational risk
• A flexible proactive attitude towards work balanced with effective time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to contribute to the ongoing development of processes
• Proficiency of Microsoft Office Applications
• Motivated, positive “can do” attitude
• Proven ability to learn quickly
• Bachelor's degree