What does your team do? What are your team’s goals?
The Private Client Operations department functions as an operational liaison to the Financial Advisor staff and Portfolio Management. The team is responsible for more than 75 different processes providing administrative support for approximately 139,000 Private Client accounts. Over the course of the 6 month rotation program, the individual will get experience in the following areas:
< New Account Opening Process
< Daily maintenance for all existing accounts.
< Asset Transfer Process
< Net Worth Analysis for Current and Perspective Clients
< Retirement Plan Support
< Alternative Investments
< Client Reporting
< Brokerage Statement Process
What technologies/systems does the team primarily work with?
BOSS, AB Advantage, Brokerage, Heart of Gold, Bernstein.com and MRS
Please describe the project the ASSOCIATE would work on.
· Consolidated Reporting - This is a firm wide initiative (PC Sales and PC Operations) to contract with a third-party vendor to provide consolidated reporting (Bernstein and other managers) for a portion of the Private Client base.
What responsibilities will the ASSOCIATE have and what will be the contribution?
· The associate will assist in project managing both initiatives along with day to day responsibilities and the quality control of the reports.
What skills and developmental experience will the ASSOCIATE gain during the project?
The individual will learn about many different processes and tasks that the PC Operations team performs. Throughout the 6-month rotation, the individual will gain knowledge of the Private Client business and be exposed to many different systems and processes
State at least three or more SMART goals for this ASSOCIATE. These will be used for the evaluation process. Develop specs, project plan and test plan for each of the two projects.
1. Gain knowledge and end-to-end understanding of the Private Client Business and the important role that Operations plays in the overall client service experience
2. Provide support to PC Operations in any capacity that is required
3. Increase their knowledge base of the financial industry including the role that communication plays in the process
What skills will the ASSOCIATE need to be successful on this project?
Individual should possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi task in an effective manner. Individual should be a self-starter who is organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to think in fast paced environment with SLA’s and other deadlines. Expertise in Microsoft Office applications is required.
Some advice from the prior intern:
“The best advice I could give to future interns is to show up every day ready to work and ready to learn. I would advise them not to be afraid to ask questions and to do the best work they can. Lastly, obviously networking is very important so try to meet as many people as possible and definitely take advantages of the events that AB sets up for you.”
What concepts/technologies would you recommend the ASSOCIATE review and understand before joining your team?
There are no concepts/technologies required to review, however the individual should be able to grasp multiple systems and processes and how they interact with each other. The individual should also have a comfort level with the basic financial markets.