OPS Group Description:
The International Financial Control Department is responsible for reconciling all transfer agency related bank
accounts, reconciling distributions to shareholder accounts and handling all associated money movements
including weekly commissions and Service Fee payments. Other duties also include collecting and reporting
data that is used for the Fund’s Financials and the input of the fund Net Asset Value (NAV) and timely delivery
of NAVs and contract notes for each Custodian bank. In addition, the International Financial Control department
also acts as liaison to Global Fund Accounting, Corporate Accounting and the custodian banks.
AB is a leading global investment management firm that offers high-quality research and diversified investment
services to institutional clients, individuals and private clients in major markets around the world. AB employs more
than 500 investment professionals with expertise in growth equities, value equities, fixed income securities, blend
strategies, and alternative investments, and, through its subsidiaries and joint ventures, operates in more than 20
countries. AB’s research disciplines include fundamental research, quantitative research, economic research and
currency forecasting capabilities. Through its integrated global platform, AB is well-positioned to tailor investment
solutions for its clients. AB also offers independent research, portfolio strategy and brokerage-related services to
AllianceBernstein is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.
This position will be responsible for reconciliation of all settled financial activity within the Transfer Agent (TA).
This includes the balancing of incoming subscription orders as well as outgoing redemption proceeds. The
position also requires reconciling distributions specific to dividends, commissions, and service fees for bank
accounts held at State Street Bank, Brown Brothers Harriman and Citibank. In addition, to reconciling accounts,
the position is responsible for the input of the fund Net Asset Value (NAV) into our record-keeping application
and the timely delivery of NAVs and contract notes for each Custodian bank; as well as to aid in the protection
of the Firm from both internal and external fraud.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Submit daily wires via the custodian bank applications
• Reviews as-of transactions report
• Reduces the liabilities of the Firm by closing open items within 15 days
• Contacts internal ABIS processing units to resolve trade discrepancies
• Communicates with Fund Accounting, Corporate Accounting and custodian banks to relate net activity to the
funds and necessary money movement
• Perform ancillary tasks related to bank account activity
• Support other functions within the Offshore Financial Control Department as business needs arise and
availability of the individual permits
• Responsible for the input of the Fund Net Asset Value in the ABIS record-keeping Corfax application and for
the timely delivery of NAVs and contract notes for each custodian bank.
Qualifications, Experience, Education:
• 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access
• Professional, personable, and responsible in manner.
• Organized, thorough, and conscientious. Establishes priorities and follows through on tasks to completion.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Number and detail-oriented.
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team setting.
Special Knowledge (if applicable): Knowledge of mutual funds, financial or business operations including: banking,
securities, and bookkeeping - preferred
Location: City/State/Country: San Antonio, TX, USA